At our Child Advocacy Centers (CACs), children who have suffered sexual abuse or severe physical abuse are treated by caring teams who are fiercely dedicated to ending child abuse and helping children and families heal.
CAC teams serve the needs of child survivors by addressing their safety, tending to their physical injuries and emotional needs, and bringing abusers to justice.
These on-site teams include:
- Child Protective Specialists from the Administration for Children’s Services
- Detectives from the New York City Police Department
- Assistant District Attorneys from the borough District Attorneys’ offices
- Corporation Counsel from the NYC Law Department
- Pediatricians from premier local hospitals
- Clinical Forensic Specialists from Safe Horizon
The coordinated efforts of team members located in the same site reduces the number of times children have to retell details of their abuse.
Our CACs provide comprehensive wraparound care for children who have been abused and their families.