Signs of Abuse
Homeless youth are often overlooked. Here are some signs of youth homelessness:
- Do you lack a regular place to stay?
- Are you sleeping at a friend’s house or couch surfing?
- Are you riding the subway or staying on the street?
- Are you trading work or sex for a place to stay?
- Are you living in a car, sleeping in parks, abandoned buildings, or other public places?
- Are you staying in a crisis shelter or transitional shelter?
- Are you staying at someone else’s NYCHA or supportive housing apartment and are not allowed to be there?
- Have you been forced to leave your home with nowhere to go?