Signs of Abuse
Crime and abuse can affect your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Recovering from crime and abuse takes time. What you experience and how you heal differs for everyone. Here are some common effects of crime and abuse.
Physical effects can include:
- Serious pain and injuries
- Broken bones and bruises
- Chronic fatigue,
- Changes in eating and sleeping patterns
- Experience being startled easily or a racing heartbeat
Emotional effects can include:
- Feelings of anxiety, fear, confusion, anger, hopelessness, shame, and nervousness.
- Experience distrust of others
- Intrusive memories
- Strained relationships
Financial effects can include:
- Loss of employment
- Loss of wages due to injury or time off to get the help you need
- Lost or damaged property
- Medical and counseling expenses
If you or someone you know has been a victim of any crime or abuse, we can help you address the physical, emotional, and financial effects.