Call us for Support
For many survivors of violence, the journey to safety and healing starts with a simple phone call to one of our specialized hotlines.
Our Hotline advocates offer personalized, non-judgmental support, talk to you about your safety, provide information about resources in your community, and connect you to our programs and services.
Our confidential hotlines provide one-on-one support including:
- Crisis counseling
- Safety planning
- Assistance with finding shelter
- Information about resources
Our hotline staff speak Spanish, French and Creole, and we can provide interpretation services to assist speakers of any language. – CHRISTINE OR LISA
Please read carefully to decide which hotline would best be able to help you in your unique situation.
Our staff are knowledgeable about how to redirect your phone call to other helpful services and resources.
Our three 24-hour hotlines operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Advocates are standing by right now to help you.
- For help about domestic violence, please call: 800.621.HOPE (4673).
- For help about all crimes, including support for family members of homicide victims, please call: 866.689.HELP (4357)
- For help about rape and sexual assault, please call: 212.227.3000.
- Call 311 for New York City government information and non-emergency services.
- In emergency situations, call 911
TDD machine for hearing impaired clients for all hotlines: 866.604.5350.
Lisa wanted to remove the information below – thoughts?
Other Safe Horizon Contact Lines
Our centrally-located Community Programs work to ensure that survivors of all violence and abuse have ongoing support during their journey.
- To access help at one of our Community Program locations, call our centralized Citywide Helpline, available during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), 855.234.1042.
Our hotline for homeless youth connects young people under age 24 to get help at our Streetwork Project.
- The Streetwork Project hotline operates Monday – Friday except Wednesdays,10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. 800.708.6600.
Project SAFE provides free lock and cylinder changes to people who feel unsafe in their home in New York City.
- To request a lock change, please call: 866.689.HELP (4357).
- Leave your contact information and expect a call back during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
To report child abuse, call the New York State Central Register of Child Abuse & Maltreatment: 800.342.3720.