We work with the Unified Court System to provide free, supportive and educational care for children ages 6 weeks to twelve-years-old, including those with special needs.
Each wheelchair-accessible center is equipped with:
- A nursery area with a crib and changing table
- Play and learning areas with activities from arts and crafts to computers for homework
- A kitchen area where healthy and nutritious snacks are prepared and provided
About the Staff
At the Children’s Centers, every day is like the first day of school. Supervised by a well-trained teacher, our staff has the expertise to work with children who have never been out of the care of family members. Staff and volunteers receive training to work with children of all ages who may have experienced abuse, have learning disabilities or behavioral issues.
Our staff includes:
- Teachers who train Children Center staff and volunteers
- Nursery Attendants from the Office of Court Administration (OCA)
- Volunteers including stipend workers from the Foster Grandparent Program
- The Foster Grandparent Program is a volunteer program coordinated by the New York City Department of Aging where grandparents dedicate their time to mentoring at-risk children in various settings, including our Children Centers.
Children’s Centers Locations, Hours and Contact Information
If you have business in court and would like to make arrangements for your children to stay at one of our Children’s Centers, please arrive within the scheduled hours of operation. A staff member will register you and your children and then explain the rules. We can accommodate English and Spanish speakers.
—-NOT SURE ABOUT LINK BELOW—DANA